Monday, October 11, 2004

 
I can't handle the carnage!* First Rodney Dangerfield, then Jacques Derrida, now Christopher Reeve! Jane's immediate response was "What would Jacques Derrida think? Oh, we won't have to worry any more." But I think Gemma puts it best: "RIP Derrida... so young, still so hip with the ladies..."

I also hadn't seen these pictures of Christopher Reeve bald. First we were saying he looked like a Bond villain. Then Ben and I simultaneously came up with the idea that he looked like Professor Xavier from X-Men. Then I noticed a scary resemblance between this and this.

Apart from the tragedy of it all, now the comic world is robbed of one of its favourite joke-butts. Ben is worried that he'll no longer be able to tell his favourite joke:

Q: What's the opposite of Christopher Reeve?
A: Christopher Walken.

I said to him, "If you can find some dude called Christopher Liven then your joke will still work."

But as Ben puts it, "There's always Bill Clinton."

* Some may accuse me of callousness. But we must use humour as a crutch in these devastating times.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter