Friday, April 01, 2005

 
The Return of the Headtapes. I have been thinking about bringing back last year's weekly list of the songs that get into my head, the Headtapes. The reason I gave it up was because it's such a hassle to record every song, jingle, melody that gets into your head. And I am pretty sure that I no longer want to write an academic paper about such things, although if I did, I have shitloads of material from last year.

But I am still so interested in the analogue technologies for storing and sharing music. And what could be more analogue than getting a song in your head and then telling someone about the song? But perhaps this time, I'll comment a little more on what put them there. For example, it's a little alarming that I have so much Oz Rock in my head.

And a lot of these songs are from comedy shows that I've gone to recently, or from events like the Superstar Karaoke night at the Festival Club on Tuesday. I did "Bad Girls" by Donna Summer. Last night they had three comedians do the iPod DJ thing at the club. Now I really don't like Charlie Pickering very much, but annoyingly I really enjoyed his song selections. And Andy McClelland does tend to play the sort of songs that people with button badges on their velvet jackets like to pogo around to, but he also played "Don't Go Now" by Ratcat - fittingly, just as I was leaving.

Monday 28 March
Whiskey-O - sea shanty
The Power of Love - Huey Lewis and the News
Take Me Home - Phil Collins
Baby Boy - Beyonce/Sean Paul

Tuesday 29 March
Bewitched theme song
Waltz of the Flowers - Tchaikovsky
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Two Little Girls From Little Rock - Marilyn Monroe/Jane Russell
Life On Mars - David Bowie

Wednesday 30 March
Since You've Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson
Crazy in Love - Beyonce
Romeo - Basement Jaxx
Time to Leave Her - sea shanty
ABC TV theme
Pressure Down - John Farnham
Flame Trees - Cold Chisel
One Night in Heaven - M People
It Was A Very Good Year - Frank Sinatra
Rich Girl - Gwen Stefani

Thursday 31 March
Flame Trees - Cold Chisel
Bad Habits - Billy Field
La La - Ashlee Simpson
You're the Voice - John Farnham
Stacy's Mom - Fountains of Wayne
Me Against the Music - Britney Spears/Madonna
You Send Me - Sam Cooke
Throw Your Arms Around Me - Hunters and Collectors
Sitting, Waiting, Wishing - Jack Johnson
Moscow - Genghis Khan
Bootylicious - Destiny's Child

Friday 1 April
Independent Woman Pt 1/Dreadlock Holiday - Destiny's Child/10CC
Drop It Like It's Hot - Snoop Dogg
How Sweet It Is - Marvin Gaye
Wrap Me Up - Alex Party

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter