Wednesday, July 06, 2005

 
Pseudo-flashpost. I was writing a flashpost about how angry I am. This post covered my feelings of rage and rejection surrounding the first Crider email, which I received this afternoon; my anger that people treat sex as a right, whereas I treat it as a privilege; my anger at the retard noises my housemate makes when she watches The O.C. (and her assorted annoying habits); and my anger that friends and lovers build their intimacy on the quicksand of shared pop-cultural tastes. ("So I said, 'What about Breakfast at Tiffany's'?")

But then I realised that the post was not cathartic - in fact, it was making me more angry and unhappy. My mother was just showing me an ugly jacket she bought that was reduced from $70 to $14, and it was all I could do not to shout, "For god's sake, that doesn't make it a better jacket!" Also, I realised that the post would alienate most of my readers. So let's get back to our regular programming - Mel's spastic musings on tame pop-cultural subjects that everyone can read without feeling threatened.

I spent a lot of money on CDs today. I bought Amerie's Touch, Destiny's Child Remixes, M.I.A.'s Arular, a double CD of rare-groove 'classics' (only $10!), Sean Paul's Dutty Rock (also $10), and because I am insane and enjoy throwing money away, Mariah Carey's The Emancipation of Mimi. In other spending, I bought a black jumper with silver thread, and a green jumper.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter