Thursday, September 15, 2005

 
No TV and no beer makes Mel something something. You may or may not realise by now that I am an impatient person. I am a person who needs Something to Happen. I need things to look forward to. I need things to get excited about. Today I got out of bed after a disturbing dream involving a murderous ladyboy, and it was while I was in the shower absently singing "Golden Years" by David Bowie ("don't let me hear you say life's taking you nowhere, angel!") that I realised nothing was going to happen today. It wouldn't matter what clothes I put on today, what I ate, how much productive work I did. By about 6pm I would be feeling sad and lonely and desperate because the day had been a banal one in which my life had gone nowhere and nothing had happened.

I hadn't even got dressed, and my Headtape was already maudlinly playing "Nothing Ever Happens" by Del Amitri:
Nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all
The needle returns to the start of the song
And we all sing along like before
And we’ll all be lonely tonight and lonely tomorrow
I decided to perk myself up by dancing in the living room to "Sexy Cherry" by Tools and Iba, followed by "Hombre" by MIA and "1 Thing" by Amerie. But I will require some help today. So...

Who wants to make Something Happen with me today? You should leave your suggestion in a comment.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter