Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 
Choosing photos to send to pretty men on the internet. Flicking through a list of image files, I have come to the depressing conclusion that I am not really cut out for flirtatious online photo sharing. Basically, I think I am drunk, making a stupid face, or both, in every photo of myself I have. There are lots of pictures of me hamming it up for various fancy dress endeavours, and plenty of dreadful Incredible Melk images that are very unsuitable because they are funny in the way that Magda Szubanski is funny. But no pictures of me looking presentable and normal. The ones you see below are, sadly, the cream of the crop. I am feeling quite disheartened.



Do you see what I mean? Here I am at the Issue 5 launch, dressed as a cigarette girl. Do you see my hat? It was made out of a takeaway food container. Please note also my facial expression, which I no doubt considered jaunty at the time.



As you can see, I am truly Steven Seagal-esque in my range of facial expressions. Here I am at the Retreat this summer, when there was a hipster bloggerati event, which I accidentally attended because I happened to be drinking at the same pub with another group of friends. It was about 40 degrees and I had started drinking at something like 3pm. I think this photo was taken around midnight.



This is me dressed as Marsha Queen of Diamonds for last year's Superheroes Ball. It is quite unbelievable what a large bedroom I had in my old house, now that I can see it in the background. There was an area the size of a small dance floor in the middle of the room. In fact, I think my bedroom was larger than my current living room.

How about I send the pretty internet man this one? After all, I am a jaunty pussy. Today I am wearing a black and white striped t-shirt and around my neck is a thin black pussybow with a diamante brooch. It is a sort of Colonel Sanders meets Hamburglar effect. What a lovely fast food inspired outfit it is.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter