Sunday, January 27, 2008

 
Add this to your iPod Shuffle. This morning as I was lazing about in bed waiting for James and Pat to finish up in the bathroom, I started to make an imaginary playlist. I do this all the time - for me there are few greater joys than themed mixtapes, and it's an eternal annoyance to me that I don't have regular access to a computer that can download songs and burn CDs so it's difficult for me to make that shit come true.

Anyway. My playlist was of songs with a swing or shuffle beat. (While I was looking for an explanation of what I mean, I discovered this Wikipedia page. Seriously, Wikipedia has been giving me huge amounts of joy lately.) I have never formally studied music theory, but what I mean here are songs with a swung rhythm emphasising the downbeat. Here are the ones I could think of at the time - can you think of any others?

EDIT: I have since added more.

Underworld - Underneath the Radar
!!! - Yadnus
Goldfrapp - Strict Machine
Goldfrapp - Ooh La La
T-Rex - Metal Guru
Smiths - Panic
Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
Billy Joel - Only The Good Die Young
Thin Lizzy - The Boys Are Back In Town
Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is
Abba - Waterloo

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter