Thursday, November 20, 2008

 
Punctuation: it's important. Just now I was thinking, because clearly I have nothing better to think about, that punctuation would be incredibly important when writing the lyrics to Des'ree's song 'Life'. (Punctuation is clearly important to Des'ree herself.)

You might know 'Life' as the song with possibly the worst lyrics of all time:

I don't want to see a ghost
It's a sight that I fear most
I'd rather have a piece of toast
And watch the evening news

Here is the video:



But the punctuation is most important in the chorus. Clearly there are many options, which I can't be bothered being systematic about, but can you please vote on which of the following punctuation you think is generally most appropriate. Then we will clearly have made an advance in human knowledge.

a) Life! Oh life! Oh, life! Oh life!

b) Life... oh life! Oh life... oh life!

c) Life, oh life! Oh life! Oh life.

d) Life; oh life. Oh life; oh life...

e) Life: oh life, oh life, oh life.

f) Life - oh life. Oh, life - oh life.

g) Life? Oh, life. Oh life? Oh, life!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter