Wednesday, February 15, 2012

 
My aborted career as a prison governor. For some time now I've been looking for a wastepaper basket for my bedroom, and I was quite pleased to pick up this IKEA number at the local op-shop for $3. (It costs $10 at IKEA so that's a mighty saving.)



All the way home I was gloating about my purchase, planning to pop it over an unsuspecting Graham and thus turn it into a CAT PRISON, and chanting, "CAT PRISON, CAT PRISON" to myself under my breath.

But sadly I was foiled by Graham's Steve McQueen-like talent for prison escape. Well, basically, his 'talent' consisted of not curling his tail sufficiently close to his body to fit into the prison, and when I tried to stuff it back in, he backed away.

Even when I placed the prison temptingly on its side, he wouldn't so much as stick his head in. So I had to just use it as a bin. Gosh!

Let's add this to CAT CIRCUS in the list of ways in which Graham has failed to live up to my expectations.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter