Monday, July 09, 2012

 
To show I still have a little humour about the whole thing. Just now I was thinking, "I wonder if Graham is inside or outside. Maybe when I go make my next cup of tea I'll have a look around for him."

And then Graham strolled over to me and miaowed, and I scooped him into my arms and said the following insane monologue that is no doubt fuelled by incipient T. gondii psychosis:

"Graham! I was just about to go looking for you, I was like, 'Where is Graham? Is he inside? Is he outside?' and then you came up and you were like, 'Miaow!' and I was like, 'Graham! It's my cat! Here he is!'"

And Graham stared into my eyes with that look he has that masterfully combines contempt with dull incomprehension.

I want to reassure any readers that I try to be a very normal and intelligent person in my everyday life and would never, ever say this stuff, or sing any of the Stupid Cat Songs, if I thought anyone could hear me. If I even suspect that my housemate may have overheard any of it, I die a thousand shame-fuelled deaths.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Meter